Ok folks, here’s what I know so far:
If you work on the free WP platform, you’ve probably noticed trouble posting comments on other WP blogs. They either vanish or hang in their spam filter. Your blog’s url contains a ‘subdomain’ in it’s address (i.e. this blog is justgrits.wordpress.com).
The problem started sometime last week (at least for me).
Saturday Lance Burri, The Troglopundit, and I (or is it me and Lance Burri?) exchanged test comments and came up with the following:
1. If you’re logged into your WP and you’re a subdomain blog, the comments won’t post.
2. If you use your WP subdomain url in the header info of the comment, the comment won’t post.
3. If you use your WP subdomain url in the body text of the comment, the comment won’t post.
So, in the meantime, use these workarounds:
1. Don’t log into your WP account to post comments
2. Don’t use your blog url in the header or body post. You’ll lose out on the trackbacks, but hey, at least the comment will post for now.
3. If you have a url (without the subdomain naming convention) that redirects to your WP blog, use it instead. It will work. Lucky for me, I have one parked for the day I decide to grow the blog up.
I’ve posted a support request at WP, which they responded to yesterday. I did some test comments for them, so hopefully they can capture what is going wrong and Fix It.
So we’ll see what happens…
In the meantime, check your spam before blindly deleting (there may be a friend or two in there) and pass this along to all the WP users you know!